our story

It all began on the evening of Nov 29th 2003, at former Chat Noir French Restaurant in Costa Mesa, CA. Brad approached me [Jana] and we instantly connected; it was love at first sight. The next 4 years that followed were a whirlwind of romance, growing pains, and adventures. We circled the globe, traveling to South America, Europe, and Asia. Then one night, Brad surprised me with a romantic beachside proposal. We made it official on August 23rd 2008 with an intimate wedding at a hip art gallery in Laguna Beach. A year later we finished redesigning our home in the beach village of Corona del Mar.

On May 18th, 2010, we were blessed with a sweet little miracle of our own, our baby boy Taj Leon. He stole our hearts and took our breath away! Then, 19 months later, his incredible little brother, Jax Franz, arrived on Christmas morning (December 25th) 2011. What an amazing gift we received! In an effort to slow down the clock and enjoy our beautiful family, in Spring of 2012, we sold our CA seaside home and moved across the country to our dream lake house in Brad's hometown of Bemus Point, a resort village on Chautauqua Lake in Western New York! Even though we are living a more slow paced life, we are living a life far from ordinary!

From the West Coast to the East Coast, our Grover family adventures continue! So won't you come along and join us on this journey of love, family, and travel we like to call our La Vida Grover!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Taj's 1st Day of School

Look out!  We have ourselves a pre Preschooler!  Taj started a great 3 year old preschool program through a Church in the area, twice a week for 2 hours (Wednesdays and Fridays).  In the 2 hours he is there, they play in the "Muscle Room" gym, eat a snack together, play in the playroom, create art and sensory crafts in the art room, have music and story time.  Its a great place for him to socialize and learn the ropes of preschool before officially starting a daily preschool next year.  I like this school because every week they have a theme, and practice all the academic skills too.  Taj is way ahead of his class in terms of academics that it makes me laugh.  Their goal for this year is for all the kids to know their letters, numbers, shapes, and colors.  Taj already knew this before he even turned 2, and now he knows them in 3 different languages!  Sometimes, it really makes me miss Montessori (they don't have a Montessori school around here).
Taj standing in front of his school..... with his sidekick Jax next to him (who wouldn't leave his side as you will see in the pics below!) Notice Taj holding a flower?  That is the flower he picked from our garden, held on to in the car, and brought to his teacher on the first day of school!  I know, what a teacher's pet, right?  He is a charmer!
Taj on his first day of school, sitting on the rug and waiting for class to start.  Jax thought he was going too and just simply did not understand why he couldn't join him!
Playing in the Muscle Room.

and this is Jax's "outside" classroom when Taj is at his twice a week!  LOL On the days Taj goes to school,  Jax and I go to the Jamestown Library story time, have play dates, go to the playgrounds, farmers markets, or meet with friends for coffee.  I try not to run errands when its our time, so we spend more special mommy & son time together.  I leave the errands, grocery shopping, and working out for when my very awesome babysitter Kaitlynn comes over 2-3 afternoons when the boys go down for their nap.   While they nap, I'm able to get things done outside of the house.  And when they wake up, Kaitlynn is there to prepare them snack, play with them, and take them outside.  I'm also able to prep dinner too.  Its so nice to have the help again, just like I had in California.  I have regained a bit of my identity and sanity again since I have time for yoga, and that precious "me" time!
 Jax contemplating life.....

On Mondays, the boys and I hit the YMCA gymnastics "stay n' play" class so they can get their wigglies and sillies out.  On Tuesdays, Taj either goes to a playgroup while Jax and I hang out, or its a day we reserve for day trips or  playing around the house. Thursdays we have music class and library time at Ashville Library.  The pic and video are from the bounce house playland at the mall.

Boys will be boys..... and this is a video I caught at the end of their many wrestling matches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers